The GAI and the Global Antitrust Law & Economics LLM Program jointly established the Distinguished Guest Scholar Program to foster deeper connections between the world’s leading antitrust scholars and the GAI, as well as expand the growing community of academic and professional antitrust leaders. Our Distinguished Guest Scholars are invited to present one seminar or lecture to our faculty, students, interested alumni, and local practitioners during their visit. The hope of the GAI and the Global Antitrust Law & Economics LLM Program is that our Distinguished Guest Scholars exchange ideas with the GAI faculty, students, and the local antitrust community during their visit.
2019-2020 Distinguished Guest Scholars
- Christian Bergqvist, Associate Professor, Center for Market and Economic Law, University of Copenhagen (October 2019). Lecture on “Google and the Antitrust Abyss”.
- Thibault Schrepel, Faculty Associate at the Berkman Center at Harvard University and Assistant Professor in European Economic Law at Utrecht University School of Law (October 2019). Lecture on “Blockchain & Antitrust”.
- Aurelien Portuese, Senior Lecturer in Law at Leicester De Montfort Law School and Senior Lecturer in Law at St Mary’s University London (October 2019). Lecture on “Overcoming Precautionary Antitrust: The Road to Innovation-Based Antitrust”.
- Angela Zhang, Associate Professor of Law at the University of Hong Kong (November 2019). Lecture on “The U.S.-China Trade Negotiation: A Contract Theory Perspective”.
- Yo Sop Choi, Associate Professor of Law at the Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (February 2020)
- Dr. Atsuko Izumi, Economist at the Japan Fair Trade Commission (February 2020)
- Giovanna Massarotto, Adjunct Professor at the University of Iowa and Affiliate of UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies (February 2020)